2012 Chicago Away Trip
Supporting the boys in blue on the road with hundreds of your closest friends can be a lifelong memory, so let's make the most of our time in Chicago. Glad to have you with us!
With folks traveling from all points in the Midwest and farther, two full buses, and hundreds of rabid SKC fans in full force, Sporting will have fantastic support once again this year on the road in Chicago.
Important Notes and Special Announcements:
Please pay very close attention to the changes in Parking. If you are on the Cauldron buses, please arrive at Community America Ballpark's NW corner of the parking lot at 11:15pm so we can leave exactly at 12:00am
*To everyone taking the bus: We ask that you bring along $2 in cash to help cover the tip for our bus drivers. It is encouraged to tip $1/day, which totals over $200 for the trip. We are extremely generous with tipping our servers at watch parties. Let's extend the same courtesy to our bus drivers and each donate $2 to the cause. That's a little over $100 per driver.
Jimmy Nielsen, our Captain has pledged once again in 2012 to help fuel the Cauldron by providing 300 beers for the away trip! Tell @pumanielsen1 thanks next time you can!
See the Parking Map and read the Chicago Fire's rules and regulations for visiting supporters here. You can bring flags and banners and drums but we have to check them in prior so find us right away at the tailgate if not sooner.
Chicago Road Trip Itinerary
Checklist before 12:00am departure:
Please note the new meet-up at CAB (the old Cauldron tailgate spot) at 11:15pm.
What you should bring:
- Warm Clothes/Rain Jacket - backup plans
- $2 for bus driver tip
- $10 will get you all your beer & one meal at the tailgate courtesy of local food truck Haute Sausage. Even if you're not riding the bus, you can still take advantage of this at the tailgate!
- Water and/or any other beverages you want. We're going to try to stop as little as possible on the way up. Beer is fine to bring.
- Blue Apparel for KC game
- Any flags or banners you have
- Your voice!
Saturday May 12th
12:00am - Arrive at Community America Ballpark Northwest Corner Parking Lot - Driving Directions / Map Here
Saturday, May 12th
12:00am - Depart from the Legends
- There will be pastries provided for breakfast from Le Monde Bakery & Pandolfi's.
- Pandolfi's Deli is providing a sandwich and chips for everyone on the bus.
- If you have special dietary needs, please email email@example.com and we will make sure you are taken care of.
- For map from Livestrong Sporting Park to Midway Marriott, click here.
9:30-10:00am - Arrive at Fairfield Inn Midway Center
View Larger Map
- Check into hotel. We have early check-in arranged provided the Fairfield has the available rooms (as of now they have more than enough). We will check in right away.
11:30am - Free time to head out for lunch etc.
4:00pm - Depart for Toyota Park
4:30pm - Toyota Park lots open
View Larger Map
- Parking is located in lot S2 for all Sporting fans. Enter off 71st St. See map:
- Parking costs for all bus passengers is built in. If you are not on the bus and driving in a car you should prepare for a $15 charge per car.
- $10 will get you All-You-Can-Drink Beer & One Meal per person from Haute Sausage Food Truck at the tailgate. Check out their site here - http://www.hautesausage.com
6:30 PM - March into the stadium via Gate F
7:30 PM - Game time
- Begin Wiz-ing on the Fire
9:30pm - After match all fans are held 15 minutes before exiting the stadium. 45 minutes after the game buses depart and return to the Fairfield Inn Midway Center.
- Everyone is free to go for the evening
- There is a shuttle to the EL that can transport people downtown.
Sunday, May 13th
8:00 AM - Breakfast is served
9:00 AM - Check out and Begin loading buses
9:30 AM - Depart Fairfield Inn Midway Center to Toyota Park Practice Fields for Reserve Game
10:00 AM - Sporting KC Reserves vs Chicago Fire
12:00pm - Buses leave directly from Toyota Park to head home to KC
10-11:00PM - Arrive home to LSP / Community America Ballpark
Important Location Info
Chicago Midway Fairfield Inn & Suites- Our Hotel
- 6630 South Cicero Avenue
Bedford Park, IL 60638
Toyota Park - Tailgate in Designated Parking in Lot S2
- 7000 South Harlem Avenue